What is peer-to-peer fundraising?
Peer-to-peer fundraising is a form of crowdfunding, a way for us to raise funds for the important work of mentoring at-risk kids.
Individuals can create personal fundraising pages on behalf of The Bridge. Through our website they share their page with friends, family and community members for donations (hence “peer-to-peer”).
We have signed up for a new website and we're giving it a trial run during the month of December. They specialize in this kind of fundraiser, and they're very helpful, but as you can imagine we have a lot to learn. So we are asking you to help us run an experiment.
Would you be willing to participate in our trial run peer-to-peer fundraising campaign?
Here are our goals:
How do I get started?
Six Steps to Start Your Own Fundraiser for The Bridge
1. Talk with your spouse and set a personal fundraising goal: How much do you want to raise? $500? $1,000?
2. Create your own, personalized landing page for the campaign.
4. Point them to your landing page.
5. Thank them personally (by text, email, phone call, or in person).
6. Take notes on your experience and give feedback: Join us on Zoom on January 6 to discuss it as a group .
Check out our campaign page here. If you're ready to sign up, just click "Become a Fundraiser," and they'll get you started!